Who We Are
Values & Ethos
Lyminster Primary School
Growing, Caring & Learning Together
A nurturing, community-focussed school, with sky-high ambition and a global outlook.
The key attributes we wish to bestow:
To nurture and develop our young people into active and engaged citizens of the world, who live up to their Core Values:
- Become a Centre of Excellence for the high-quality implementation of a stimulating, modern and relevant curriculum;
- Fully include, nurture and love each child, showing them that they are valued and can achieve anything they want to;
- Promote the love of reading, discovery and exploration that will equip our learners for life;
- Give our children the confidence to aim high, grasp opportunities, and love life;
- Be at the very heart of our community – locally, nationally and globally – with a strong collective sense of responsibility and respect;
- Remain open and welcoming to the contributions of the whole community so that we all work together for the best interests of our children;
- Equip our learners with the knowledge, skills and self-belief they need to communicate effectively and be the best ‘them’ they can be;
- Actively promote the professional development of all our staff, and foster the partnerships and team-working dynamic that will benefit everyone in the community.
Hello and welcome to Lyminster Primary School. We are a small but ambitious school, and we aim to nurture and develop our young people into active and engaged citizens of the world who live up to our Core Values:
Confidence: Be Proud of your Individuality!
Community: Be Respectful & Kind!
Love of Learning: Be an Inspiration!
If you are thinking of joining our community in any capacity we hope you find this website helpful. We are immensely proud of our children, their learning and their achievements, so please do enjoy sharing the celebration. You will find lots of information about the school in the ‘About Us’ section, and check out ‘School Life’ as well for a flavour of what and our partner organizations get up to. Don’t forget to also follow us on Twitter for more updates, links, tips and fabulous examples of our children’s work. Links to our Twitter feeds are below.
If you are an existing parent, check out the class pages above to see what your child has been getting up to, or head straight to the Parents Hub to check the calendar, catch up on our recent letters, and find loads of helpful links and resources to help you support your child.