At Lyminster Primary School, we believe that Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (P.S.H.C.E.) has a positive influence on the ethos, learning and relationships in the school and therefore receives the full commitment of the school community as a whole.
The areas included in P.S.H.C.E. are: Self Esteem, Sex and Relationship Education, Drug Education, Personal Safety, Relationships and Healthy Lifestyles. These relate to the broader areas of our school life such as Spiritual and Moral development, our Values through being a Rights Respecting School, Equal Opportunities, Behaviour Management, Health and Safety as well as the Healthy Schools Initiative.
We aim that through the P.S.H.C.E. curriculum our pupils will:
- Develop self-confidence and self-responsibility
- Develop a safe and healthy life style
- Develop the ability to form good relationships
- Have opportunities to consider issues which may affect their own lives and the lives of others
- Learn to respect and value the differences between people
- Prepare to play an active role as citizens
Our aim is to deliver the key outcomes listed in Every Child Matters: Be Healthy, Stay Safe, Enjoy and Achieve. Make a positive contribution, Achieve economic wellbeing.